We have lots of national day/weeks going on this week and lots that we can be looking at in relation to them. A reminder to check in on your Google Classrooms and click ‘Mark as Done’ on the right hand side to make sure you are recorded as registered. All the classes have one weekly Google Meet with their teacher and these are in the weekly timetable along with recorded teaching lessons which can be accessed at a time that suits families. Mrs Laird spoke with Education Scotland last week to highlight the excellent work being done by the pupils and staff. You are all doing fantastic!
New this week on our Family Learning Site;
- An extra set of resources around Rights of the Child for LGBT+ Month. (Rights of the Child page)
- Storytelling tips for National Storytelling Week and 30 Day Writing Challenge (Literacy page)
- Home Learning Ideas for Early Years . (Interdisciplinary Section of Covid page)
- Dynamic Earth online (Interdisciplinary Section of Covid page)
- Art with recycled materials (Interdisciplinary section of Covid page)
- Esgoil lockdown live English and Gaelic resources (Interdisciplinary Section of Covid page)
Weekly updates in Covid page;
- home learning around the Picture News this week covering this week’s Wonder of the Week around climbing.
- a new set of activities around the Right of the Week – focused on Article 2 – best interests of the child
- weekly home learning ideas around Emotion Works – Getting Creative for Children’s Mental Health Week
- Zoodle – Sustainability Superheroes
- weekly aquarium live lessons from the National Marine Aquarium – Ocean Mysteries
- weekly Gaelic support from Comann nam Pàrant’s
- daily play activities (will be added to the early stages Google Classrooms also)
Please remember these activities are there as extra, optional activities to support home learning and the resources set by teachers in the respective Google Classrooms.