This week sees the start of British Science Week and Intergenerational Week. We also have International Women’s Day and Commonwealth Day on Monday and International Schools Meals Day on Thursday. Lots of activities to help celebrate these have been added to the Family Learning site.
New this week on our Family Learning Site;
- Resources from Puffin Books showing extraordinary women’s achievements including a video introducing ‘Little Leaders’ to celebrate International Women’s Day (Covid page – Interdisciplinary section)
- Various activities and questions around healthy eating and schools meals to celebrate International School Meals Day (Covid page – Interdisciplinary section)
- Link to Young Commonwealth website with information to learn more about our Commonwealth. (Covid page – Interdisciplinary section)
- Weekly links from Twinkl Alba for BBC Alba Gaelic Medium programmes (Covid page – Weekly Gaelic resources section)
- Right of the Week focused on articles 2 (non-discrimination), 28 (right to education) in relation to International Women’s Day (Right of the Child page)
Weekly updates in Covid page;
- home learning around the Picture News this week covering this week’s Wonder of the Week around living on other planets and the Mars landings.
- a new set of activities around the Right of the Week – focused on Article 17 – access to information from the media
- Zoodle – Nature Photography and Clever Creatures
- Dynamic Earth free weekly activities – Scientists, Inventors, Future Technologies, Indigenous Communities and Climate Change
- weekly Gaelic support from Comann nam Pàrant’s – weekly timetable added
- New schedule for BBC Bitesize programmes for this week
Please remember these activities are there as extra, optional activities to support home learning and the resources set by teachers in the respective Google Classrooms.