We had a glorious first week back for the P4-7 children including all our new children. I know that the outdoor learning and active experiences have been really enjoyed by all.
This week we have World Water Day on Monday, National Day of Reflection to mark the anniversary of the first UK lockdown for Covid and World Meteorological Day on Tuesday, Wear a Hat Day on Friday and Earth Hour on Saturday.
New this week on our Family Learning Site;
- Right of the Week focused on articles 6 (life, survival and development), 12 (respect for the views of the child) and 24 (health and health services) in relation to Earth Hour, 27th March (Right of the Child page)
- Fun activities to celebrate World Water Day as well s some information on it (Covid page – Interdisciplinary section)
- Make a cloud in a jar for World Meteorological Day (Covid page – Interdisciplinary section) also see the Dynamic Earth events below
Weekly updates in Covid page;
- Home learning around the Picture News this week covering this week’s Wonder of the Week around why do we need a census?
- A new set of activities around the Right of the Week – focused on Article 7 – birth registration, name, nationality and care
- Zoodle – Fer-ocious Felines
- Dynamic Earth free weekly activities – Planetarium links – STEM careers, World Meteorological Day, space junk, craters, planes, spacecraft, satellites
- Weekly Gaelic support from Comann nam Pàrant’s – weekly timetable added
- Weekly links from Twinkl Alba for BBC Alba Gaelic Medium programmes (Covid page – Weekly Gaelic resources section)
- New schedule for BBC Bitesize programmes for this week – weekly timetable updated
Please remember these activities are there as extra, optional activities to support home learning.