Current focus; We continue our focus on Digital Schools. See this page for a list of home learning ideas linked with our current ‘Focus Fortnight.’ There are also many activities related to Digital areas on our Digital Learning page.
This week we have the following awareness days. Information and activities for these can be found on the Interdisciplinary awareness days page.
- Child Safety Week – Watch a video shared recently at a Community Planning Partnership meeting on safety near the water.
- Butterfly Education and Awareness Day, 6th June – The P1 class have been watching their caterpillars grow and they will hopefully soon be turning to butterflies. Watch this film to learn about the lifecycle of the butterfly.
- D-Day 6th June – learn all about this here.
- World Oceans Day, 8th June – You can follow this link to lots of activities, including online assemblies and activities.
- National Best Friends Day, 8th June – How could you celebrate this day?
Also new this week on our Family Learning Site;
- Right of the Week focused on articles 26, social security (Right of the Child page)
- Picture News resources (these have a News story and questions to consider) closely linked with the government trying to encourage greener farming methods and our Wonder of the Week – How important is the role of farmers?(Literacy page)
- Additional resource looking at rights associated with Juvenile Justice and article 40, (Right of the Child page)