Current focus; We move to our final Focus Fortnight this term which will focus on Sports. See this page for a list of home learning ideas linked with our current ‘Focus Fortnight.’
This week we have the following awareness days. Information and various activities for these can be found on the Interdisciplinary awareness days page.
- Nutrition and Hydration Week – Can you drink the correct amount of water each day this week? Remember to take a refillable bottle and help take action to reduce plastic pollution for World Refill Day on 16th June
- Diabetes Awareness Week Watch a video and find out about what Diabetes is and how to manage it.
- Learning Disability Week The theme this year is Art and Creativity and how we stay connected. What can you find out about different disabilities – those that are easily seen and those that are not? How could you support someone with this disability in school?
- UEFA Euro Football I’m sure many of you will be aware of the Euros starting this week – see the Sports Focus Fortnight for activities related to this
- National Clean Air Day, 17th June There are lots of resources here to help you support less air pollution. What could you pledge to do?
Also new this week on our Family Learning Site;
- Picture News resources (these have a News story and questions to consider) closely linked with our Focus Fortnight on Sports and recent news stories around Naomi Osaka withdrawning from the French Open after finding it difficult to speak to the media at the tournament. This also links with our Wonder of the Week – Should Sports stars be expected to do interviews? (Literacy page)
- Also on our Literacy page we have an extra Picture News resource related to Pride Month.
- Additional resource looking at rights associated with Refugee Day, 20th June and articles 22 and 10, (Right of the Child page)